My name is Cynthia and I love interior design, architecture, antiques, all things vintage, all things British (a tried and true Anglophile), a love of things that are time worn and hold secrets of days gone by. I love animals and try to respect their place in our world. I enjoying talking about the most beautiful places in the world, some exotic, some in our own neck of the woods. I love family and friends, music and movies. And most importantly, I love talking about these things with a daily dose of humor because I love to laugh and we all deserve to. So come on...let's go for a stroll.

AND PLEASE CLICK ON THE ENTRY AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT - I can't talk to you if I don't know you were here, dearest dahling...

I'M A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR !!


Tuesday, April 1, 2014

I'm back!  How have I been so neglectful? I should be ashamed...but when I tell you everything that has happened since my last post, you will say "whew...I understand."  Thank you for your patience and thank you for following along with me still.  I will be updating on a regular basis now, and have so missed writing...it has been such a large part of my life for so long...it's time to get back to it.

For those of you who follow me but don't know me on a day-to-day basis, I finally made it to England.  Not only did I make it, I stayed almost 4 months.  I saw England, Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Republic of Ireland and Paris.  It was the most amazing experience of my life, and I did it virtually alone.  My dearest and bestest friend in the world, Sharon, accompanied me to Paris and London and we had a great time.  I will be updating you with stories of our stupidity and hilarity in places like Versailles.  You won't want to miss it.

In the meantime, I am glad to be back and hope that you will be following along with me on this journey we call life.  It is quite fantastic!  In the meantime, here's just a little something from England.  I made it to Stourhead, which was in the top five of my all time bucket list.  It did not disappoint.  I don't think I've ever seen any landscape as lovely.  As someone who is obsessed with the 2005 film adaptation of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, this was nothing short of a religious experience for me.  More pics and stories to come.  Cheers!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you and I are twins! lol....We have a lot of the same interests! Looking forward to reading your blog in the future...Tina

L.R. Shimer said...

I'm sure looking forward to hearing more of this story!

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...