My name is Cynthia and I love interior design, architecture, antiques, all things vintage, all things British (a tried and true Anglophile), a love of things that are time worn and hold secrets of days gone by. I love animals and try to respect their place in our world. I enjoying talking about the most beautiful places in the world, some exotic, some in our own neck of the woods. I love family and friends, music and movies. And most importantly, I love talking about these things with a daily dose of humor because I love to laugh and we all deserve to. So come on...let's go for a stroll.

AND PLEASE CLICK ON THE ENTRY AND LEAVE ME A COMMENT - I can't talk to you if I don't know you were here, dearest dahling...

I'M A BREAST CANCER SURVIVOR !!


Monday, June 27, 2011

A Touch of Grey - the Most Romantic of Colors



For the last couple of years, the entire design world seems to be obsessing over grey...interior designers, architects, fashion designers, photographers...all turning to grey for inspiration.  I have to admit that I didn't jump on the grey bandwagon immediately...then suddenly I realized that so many of the homes that I love, most importantly the interiors, feature this most romantic of colors.  What is it about a room, empty with the exception of a banister or chandelier, floating in grey, that makes me swoon?  For me, it's a reminder of why I love cloudy, misty days, old, drafty mansions and dapple grey horses...it's pure and simple romance.  A naturally weathered grey picket fence makes me smile, as does a wall of stacked gray stones against a backdrop of foot high grass.  Over the past two years, I have brought several shades of grey into my own home.  In my office, I have paired lavender with grey for the walls, and have accented the room with white, deep gold, silver and black.  In my master bedroom, I have brought together grey, cream and taupe, accented with a very deep, almost brown, red.  I have featured photographs of some interiors that make me say "ahhh", along with some of the cloudy days and dappled greys that remind me of why I love this color so much.  Enjoy.





















2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

I understand and agreƩ, just love it!

College Essays said...

Gorgeous...

Link Within

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...